LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishad Rasheed   25 July 2017

About how dd can be cancelled without original

Respected all In 2016 October i had applied for my MBA degree certificate in Mysore University with all the papers including a dd of amount 8000 and i speed posted it through India Post. (have the acknowledge slip) . Inspite of the delay in receiving my certificate i callled thr concerned person in University to know my status.. Almost taking 9 months they are telling they haven't received my application along with dd.. Being 9 months i understood my dd would be cancelled after 3 months.. I have its Xerox copy.. Can i contact my bank in refunding the amount with the DD copy? Hoping for the best advice from all the legends.. Thanks in advance

Learning

17 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     25 July 2017

Lodge a police complaint of lost of DD and apply to bank for either issuance on new DD or for withdrawal of DD amount.

Thank you Siddharth sir. But one more clarification.. Shall i contact my bank to know whether the dd has been cashed or not.. Only the dd favour person ine can cash it.. In my case its the FINANCE OFFICER.. If it had been cashed then its proved that tgey had received my letter... Is it better to do before lodging a police case?? Because I moving out of country for my job..

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     25 July 2017

Yes. Firstly enquirer from bank to ascertain the status of DD

Ok sir.. After that i will furnish here.. Only doubted whether they can pass the ds information to me..

Naveen Kumar H   25 July 2017

yes 1st you have to ask in the bank about your dd
whether it is drawn or not, if it's not drawn
then lodge a complaint as dd was lost
if it's drawn then you can move to court as your university conducted fraud

@naveen kumar.. Ok sir.. Tomorrow itself i will enquire at the bank
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 July 2017

In Banking, this is not the only case.  You have to approach to your banker that issued DD, with the original letter from payee that the draft was not received.  In a minute, the concerned official verifies the status on payment of demand draft.  After obtaining indemnity bond, he can issue a duplicate demand draft for the same amount in lieu of the last draft, with sum remarks on the duplicate demand draft , basing on status of unpaid nature, payee's letter.  Once the entry is cancelled, even if some one wanted to encash, they can not do that as such number will not be appearing, and about issue of duplicate flasshes at that place.

This is general, simple  and normal procedure, and it takes less than one hour for a sincere banker to issue a duplicate demand draft in lieu of the last demand draft. where the amount is nominal, and when there is urgency to a student.   Banks are having ready made formats of such applications and indemnity letters /bonds .  

Nishad Rasheed   26 July 2017

Dear all., I went to the bank to know the status of my DD. From bank I got to know that the University has already withdrew cash from my DD.. Here i think the University official are playing.. See the irresponsibility.. Putting blame of the applicants..

Nishad Rasheed   26 July 2017

Dear all., I went to the bank to know the status of my DD. From bank I got to know that the University has already withdrew cash from my DD.. Here i think the University official are playing.. See the irresponsibility.. Putting blame of the applicants..

For a simple thing do not be disturbed.  In larger organisations, it may happen out of our own misfortune and not in all cases.  Immediately get such confirmation through copy of paid instrument from that payee bank, and submit it to University by Registered post with a covering schedule.

If some thing happens it may be our misfortune and  University employees can not withdraw Rs.8,000/- and can not play games as you have assumed.  Mistakes do happen.  If  you have immediately contacted the Bank, this should have been solved on the day the University told you about non payment.

Feel happy as every thing went on well.  The thing is we do not thank any one for any favours but curse them for mistakes.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2017

Saying, asking, telling, said, told are all verbal modes of communication and difficult to prove.

Was your application submitted to Post Office well in time before due date?

Was it delivered late by PO?

Has the official I/C admission denied recipet of application with DD, in writing?

You have posted that you already have the delivery slip that might be tracking report from indiapost website....................Confirm!

You can seek delivery report by RTI from concerend Post office alongwith certified copy of run sheet of postman.

You can also obtain written communication from bank on encashment of DD.

Now what exactly is your purpose; Claim admission or claim refund or claim damages and compensation.....?

With Due apologies, to Hon. Kumar Doab, I submit that there is no need to obtain any one of the above, when he is entitled to receive copy of paid demand draft evidencing such payment, date when it was encashed, through whom it was encashed, in what account it was encashed as a bonafide proof from banker, there can never be further correspondence on non receipt.

The purpose as posted by member is about missing.  Reply was provided yesterday.  Member has followed guidance and confirmed that it was encashed by University.

Dear Mr. G.L.N.Prasad,

I have responded the way the query is precieved by me.

If despite having recieved the application with DD anyone makes a false statement then the applicant is at liberty to press the relief  as wanted by applicant.

If other party has submitted the DD late for encashment then applicant can not be faulted.

If PO has delivered late then PO can be pressed for damages.

The POD from sub Post master does not cost anything whereas certified copy of run sheet of postman may cost Rs.10/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register