solution for an illiterate person given thumb impressions

My GrandMother stays at a village ALONE at her home in Andhra Pradesh. She is an illiterate and she holds a couple of properties her house (came from her late husband) and 3 acres of  assigned land also came from her husband. She is an ILLITERATE. She has only daughter that is ny mother, We use to go to village frequently for every 3 or 4 months to check her wellness. Now the issue is , when i went there last time, few people alerted me there..that some of neighbours are trying to take the thumb impressions of her ( as she use to give it for her oldage pension every month) on a white paper by cheating her. I want to know, How should i face this as there are such people in that village. Is there any precautionary measures i can take so that thou they make such kind of things, they may go useless. Kindly advice me. Thank you.


If it is your father's property then you have right on half share you take gift deed from her for her half share .as you are daughter will is not suitable, gift or release deed is best.

Let your mother put thumb-impression on any document or paper after having it read over to her by at least five trustworthy persons.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x