LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bijo Joseph Abraham (software engg)     06 May 2013

Resignation can't be accepted and no relieving letter

I am a software engg by profession. I joined a company 5 months back. They tols me that day that i would be having a bond of 2 years that i agreed to but i never signed any documents except the offer letter.
Now i got an offer from other company with a greater pay scale. And This present company is not relieving me from my job. They are saying they wont relieve me. What should i do.??
Is it legal or is there any such thing as bond in the IT firm if u havnt signed one

How can i claim my relieving letter..??

somebody please help...

Learning

3 Replies

Akshay Sahni (Founder/Partner)     06 May 2013

Dear Sir,

We would be able to assist you, for any further queries please visit www.indialawhelp.com

We have offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Baroda, Chennai, Lucknow, Pune, Goa, Allahabad.

Regards

Akshay Sahni

Advocate

www.indialawhelp.com

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     06 May 2013

Dear Mr. Abhram, No body can confine you to a particular profession / service through bond, which is illegal and against constitution of india. You better talk to your new company people and tell them about the problem that you won't get reliving and you can join on resign. they can agree to it thereafter join. Rajiv Bhasin Advocate 9811210505

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     06 May 2013

Bond is void as per Indian Contract Act.  Second issue is Relieving letter.  If you had not mentioned with the prospective employer about being with present employer no problem.  If it is mentioned in interview you can manage by saying, you will submit it in due course of time.  If relieving letter is not given, filing for Mandatory Injunction from Civil court/High court is the option directing the present employer to issue a relieving letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register