Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja   28 February 2018

Husband fathered a child out of marriage

hello all. My husband filed divorce case 3 years back, now i came to now that he has fathered a child from some woman. what step can i take against my husband. i have birth certificate of child stating his name as father. will it amount adultry or bigamy.



 4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     28 February 2018

It amounts to adultery only because for fathering a child you don't have to marry the mother of the child.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 February 2018

It will amount to adultery only if the other woman was a married lady.   If the other woman is not a married lady, then there is no question of adultery.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 March 2018

There is not much that you can do. If the other woman was married to some other person, then it would be adultery by your husband. Even then the other woman's husband would be the aggrieved party and not you. As your husband has applied for divorce you can try to delay the process just to harass him.


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query