Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 June 2017

While posting such queries employee should post basic information! 

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial? 

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it? 
What is your designation and nature of duties? 

How many persons report to you? 

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? 
Since how many months you are working? 
Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you? 

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 June 2017

Originally posted by : Mandira BV
Hello,

I'm an employee of a global Software firm & resigned recently with official formalities. The official notice period post confirmation is 60 days. Working in this current org for 18 months but did not receive any confirmation letter till date in writing although been a top performer, which defines according to the employment of contract that until issued a confirmation letter, employee shall continue to be on probation. Probation period was for 6 months but though till date I didn't receive any confirmation letter in writing from my employer. Now, after resignation, my supervisor forced me to serve 60 days of notice period & accordingly she instructed HR to issue the 'Confirmation Letter' to me post resignation after 7 days. Again till date, they didn't issue any confirmation yet. During probation period , according to employment offer, the employee needs to serve 7 days notice. Due to health reason I resigned from this job & requested in writing to management & HR to release me within 25 days of notice period. Then HR said the remaining shortage of notice period would be recovered from F&F, which I again confirmed to pay out. Now, the supervisor is harassing me by not confirming the last working date in the org & by stopped answering my emails.

Due to my severe bad health condition & according to doctor's advice, I'm unable to do entire 60 days of notice period & though confirmed in writing to pay out the notice shortfalls to the HR & management but till my supervisor is harassing me in all possible ways. HR says only if supervisor confirms the last working date then they can only confirm the last working date in records otherwise I've to serve entire 60 days. Every communication I've in mail including my multiple request for approval of LWD to supervisor.

Questions:

1. How can I handle this scenario & leave out from this org amicably?

2. Can I take any legal action against this employer/supervisor if they force me to do entire notice period till end?

3. My hometown & employer location is different. So, can I file a case in the labour court of my hometown against this employer?

Thanks in advance

Saying, asking, telling are all verbal modes of communication and difficult to prove.

Have you mentioned notice period in notice of resignation (of 25 days as posted by you) in writing?

Do you have its copy, acknowledgment,POD?

If employee is retiring by resignation then employee shall choose LWD?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More