Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   19 July 2022

withdrawal of balance pension amount

Dear learned advocates,

My mother who was holding central govt family pension in bank of India expired on 20th April 2022.

In parallel, her pension revision case is still pending with the PCDA Allahabad since 2019.

I visited bank being the authorised nominee of my late mother to pay me the pension amount as on 20th April and keep the bank account of my late mom active,to deposit the arrears of her pension revision amounts when her case would be finalised.

The bank froze her account and refused to pay me the pension amount of 21 days for the month of April 22. Instead they advised me to close her account and they will pay the outstanding amount of her pension. According to me, this is unfair.

in view of above facts would you kindly offer me legal opinion on this case

Best regards

Learning

4 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   19 July 2022

Dear Client better if you contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case Advocate Anurag Bhatt Allahabad High Court Mobile 9198889990.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 July 2022

As your mother expired, her account cannot be further continued. Please enquire with the bank whether your mother had given a Nomination in your favor or any other family member. If so, the bank shall make payment as per norms to the person nominated and the nominee has to settle the amounts to the legal heirs as per entitlement. In case there is no nomination, You have to file a claim with the bank for payment of the balance in her account and any other accounts in her name. The claim is to be made as per the procedure of the bank and signed by all the legal heirs.  

Regarding the pending case, you may inform the fact of your Mother's demise. As and when the case is settled the amount shall be paid to the legal heirs. For the sake of the pending case, the account of the deceased person cannot be kept open once the fact is known to the bank. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 July 2022

Pension would be credited on the last working dya of the month. As your mother had expired on the 20th, and the account had become non-operational thereafter, pension for the 20 days would be disbursed to the legal in due course.

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   19 July 2022

Dear learned sir,

Thanks for the valuable information, bit the bank is insisting to close the bank account of my late mother to pay the balance amount of pension. 

I requested bank manager to pay the pension amount of 21 days,of April 22,since her pension revision case is still pending with the PCDA Allahabad and the arrears would be credited in my late mother's bank account. And to keep.her account active, because if her account is closed,in which account the PCDA Allahabad would credit the arrears of pension revision case.

Kindly apprise me if i am correct or wrong. 

Best regards 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register