LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vipul Shah   29 May 2021

wife leave house within 4 months of marriage

my wife leave house within 4 months of marriage by her own will, and now she demanding compensation amount every month.
she is harrassing me, my mummy and daddy that if you don't give money then she will do a false complaint of bribe and harrasment against me in the police station.

I don't know what to do, my brain not working? please help!


 7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 May 2021

You can send a legal notice for restitution of conjugal rights ( right to stay together ). 

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 May 2021

Yes you can send legal notice 

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     29 May 2021


Wife has left your company without any reason by her own will. So send her legal notice to come back and reside with you and later on if she dont comply with the notice then file restitution of conjugal rights petition in the court. 

Vipul Shah   29 May 2021

now I want to give divorce but she is not ready to give divorce and demanding money

sneha jaiswal   31 May 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!
For the query you posted, I would suggest that:
Lodge a police complaint to higher police officials of your place, that your wife is threatening you to implicate you and your family in false harassment and bribe cases, inform the police that their intention is malicious, you take the first step prior to their action, your defence shall be created. Also, record all her threats and abuses which would help you to prove your side in the Court of law. In a contested divorce the petitioner has to prove his allegations to seek divorce from the competent court.
File for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty that your wife is abusing you and your family amounts to mental cruelty. If your wife files false harassment or bribe case against you, apply for and obtain anticipatory bail in that event and challenge her false cases properly in the trial court on the basis of merits and documentary pieces of evidence in your possession. You can secure the evidence of transferring the money to her account and other details that how she was taken care of etc, this would help you to defend your interests.
Hope it helps
Sneha Jaiswal
Law Student

1 Like

Vipul Shah   31 May 2021

Thank you Sneha ji
1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 June 2021

RCR notice is a time tested tool to compel wife to raise true/false complaint of dowry/domestic violence against husband with family including married/unmarried brother/sisters wit/without their spouse.  This way husband leaves her with no choice but to spoil his family even if she does not want to do so.


This forum is full of such cases where husband with  parents/siblings faced such criminal charges. 

After visiting jails people realise that the situation inside Indian Jails is not as rosy as shown in movies and the cops are also comedians in movies which is not in actual life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register