LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANISH ADITYA   21 September 2021

who can claim nps

my wife was a central government employee...we married and she died just after 2 months after marriage by dengue..
she did not nominated my name anywhere...in her job profile becuase marriage certificate was still not made...
so my question is after her death can i be made the
1)nominee of her nps account and also
2)can i get her job
3)pension
4) death ex gratia
(( currently her brother is mentioned in the nominee ))

Learning

1 Replies

Anusha Singh   25 September 2021

As per the facts which you have stated above it is understood that you are not the nominee in your wife’s National Pension Scheme account. It is also understood that your wife passed away before attaining the age of 60 years. A fresh nomination has to be made after the marriage and if a person is made nominee who is not the family member of the subscriber, then that nomination shall be deemed to be invalid. 1) The nomination can be done by the subscriber of the NPS account. Recently some changes have been made in the process of nomination to make the process easy. According to the changes a subscriber will be able to make the changes in the nomination online. There are some rules stated in order to make the changes in nomination but the subscriber of the NPS account can make the changes in the nomination process. 2) In order to claim for appointment of a compassionate job there are some rules and some requirements. The government of India offers the compassionate job for the family where the only earning person of the family dies and when the family is facing financial hardships. In order to seek such appointment, you must possess the eligibility and qualities for the job. The concerned authority is entitled to examine whether you are qualified for the appointment of such job and the examination of your financial condition shall also be done. 3) In your case as your wife passed away before attaining the age of 60 years there would not be any purchase of the annuity/monthly pension. The entire accumulated pension wealth would be paid to the nominee/legal heir of the deceased person. Provision related to National Pension Scheme Earlier this scheme was available only for the central government employees but not it is available for all the citizens of India. It is of high value for the people working in a private sector who wish to have a regular pension after retirement. This scheme comes with tax benefits under Section 80C and Section 80CCD of Income Tax Act, 1961. Hope it helps! Regards, Anusha Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register