LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish k   28 July 2017

whether to join while case is pending in court

3-4 OA cases are pending in CAT and d employer (govt body) has offered the job with conditions of outcome of the case.. Whether to join or ask for extension and wait till d final result of case .

Learning

13 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 July 2017

What can be the probable harm in joining ?

(Guest)

Government is not likely to give you any time for waiting for the outcome of the case. Only you have to think pros & cons of the offer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 July 2017

The facts posted are incomplete as well unconvincing!

girish k   28 July 2017

I am currently working in a PSU .. So if I joins after accepting such conditional appointment letter and if anything goes wrong in court CAT . I might be terminated from services. So this will risk my whole life.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 July 2017

Please don't make stories. Post complete facts.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 July 2017

It is your call...........

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 July 2017

What is the case of dispute? Why were you not allowed to join duty? What is the stage of the case? Which is the organisation governed by which rules? And various other relevant questions existed in your peacemeal story, which is prima facie a fabricated one.

No information has been provided to form an opinion, discuss with your lawyer. 

girish k   29 July 2017

The applicant (not selected) has filed case saying he deserved to be awarded more in the Mains exams of d recruitment which was Subjective format (essay,letter, No MCQ type ).. Case status is pending and Dey r still listing the case OA 3083/2016. Do u need any other info ,sir.

(Guest)

I stand by my earlier reply. You will lose chance of job if do not join in time.

(Guest)

Neither work of the Government is made to stand still, nor the Government is restrained to fill up their vacancies due to such type of court cases, unless there is a stay of any kind by the court.

If you don't join, some one out of the wait list candidate may join making you lose the job.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2017

Dear LCI Querist @ Mr.girish k,

Probably you already have a job in hand.

Sleeping or breathing by any reply won't help you.

It is your call.

Hope there is NO other penultimate condition like; NO NOC for years............., service agreement, Bond, or some flimsy  T&C like; the appointed employee cannot separate until or court case is decided  etc etc  

Won't it be better to retain current employment and prepeare for clear and clean appointment in next chance....!

Once you accept a condition employer can press it...

Clearly it is your call...

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 July 2017

Would your relief from the PSU be treated as technical resignation with right to exercise  lien?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Pls respond to the point raised by Mr. P .Venu.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register