LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu mittal (director)     22 February 2011

whether appeal in criminal case has been made or not in sess

A case u/s 138 NI Act  was decided by trial court in conviction with the fine amount, and the fine amount to be given to victim/complainant after lapses of appeal time. I want to know what is the procedure to know from the session court in writing whether appeal has been made or not.

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

contact your lawyer to know the details.  for send a RTI aplpication to the presiding officer of appeal court regarding the details of appeal filed or not?

madhu mittal (director)     25 February 2011

Respected Sir, S.Ganeshan, Thanks for your second advice about RTI application, but it is recently that this act has come into force and suppose we do not want to use this right and called special in court. If I use RTI application, it will be like that I did not rely on our lawyer and I do not want to give this impression.  In your first advice, it is asked to contact lawyer. Here I want to know whether any written information can be got by lawyer and under which section or provision, because verbally it is asked that there is no appeal by our lawyer and he is neither in position to get any written information from the appellate court nor in telling whether it can be got or not in writing.  The amount deposited by the accused in u/s 138 conviction case, an affidavit is demanded by the trial court that no appeal has been done by the accused and this affidavit, we want to give in court only after receiving something in writing only through our lawyer from Appellate court as safer side without using RTI application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register