LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreekumar (ABM)     25 April 2013

Validity of will

My father has made a will stating transfer of ownership of our house to me after their period. is this will valid/stands if house is in mothers name.


 4 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 April 2013

If the house is in the name of the mother, then father cannot make a valid will in respect of it. The mother can only make a will for the house.

1 Like

Sreekumar (ABM)     25 April 2013

Thanks madam, If believe Mother made this will, then after my parents period, I just want to know whether the WILL will stand or my sisters can claim their share.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 April 2013

If the Will is legally valid i.e fulfill the requirements of a valid Will as per law then the Will shall prevail and your sisters will not get any share in the property. If it is not found to be valid then, sisters can claim their share as per intestate succession.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     26 April 2013

even on white paper a will written by you mother transferring her property on your name with two valid witness signatrue than no one can challenge that it is valid 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register