LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod P (IT)     14 March 2012

Validity of a non registered poa

I want to know what is the validity of a non registered irrevocable Power of Attorney.

Can it be challenged in court of law.

Is there a possibility that a un registered POA (signed) get registered later in the absence of signatory.

Regards

Vinod P

Learning

5 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     14 March 2012

without signed and register any document its not valid. as per eye of law.

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     14 March 2012

Indispansability or otherwise  of registration of a POA  may depand upon the nature of POA

Any document  can be presented  for registration by any  of the parties , but the regisrtation will be subject confirmation  of its truth 

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     15 March 2012

//what is the validity of a non registered irrevocable Power of Attorney. Can it be challenged in court of law.// 

As replied by Mr.Shantilal, requirement of registration depends on nature of power of attorney.

//Is there a possibility that a un registered POA (signed) get registered later in the absence of signatory//

No. To register a document, presence of executant is necessary.

Vinod P (IT)     15 March 2012

Dear All,

I want to know the validity of a non registered irrevocable Power of Attorney for a plot of land that I had given to a developer 10 years ago.

Regards

Vinod P

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     15 March 2012

I  agree  Mr, N Ramesh ,

cofirmation of truth of execution to be  had from the executant 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register