Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun (Software Engineer)     10 March 2010

Two rent agreements

Hello,

I am going to rent out my property. I am entering into a lease agreement with the prospective tenant’s employer. The agreed rent figure is more than the limit that is prescribed by tenant’s employer, so I plan to sign another rent agreement with the tenant which has the balance rent amount. While framing this rent agreement how should I mention about the existence of another agreement (the mentioned lease agreement) so that both agreements can co-exist and remain valid without any contradiction.

Regards,

Arun

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     10 March 2010

In my opinion such deeds are not valid.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     11 March 2010

Both agreements contradict with each other - kill themselves and lie dead.  No use for you.  Your tenant is 'employee'.  You better have an agreement with him for 'Your' amount - Whether his employer pays him or not is not for you to bother.  You are not letting out your premises to the Employer, isnt it?  What your tenant actually gets from his employer... and how is he going to make up the difference.. you need not bother.

Arun (Software Engineer)     11 March 2010

Arranagement is going to be like this:

Total rent = A + B

Tenant's employer pays to owner directly part A

Tenant pays to owner part B

I plan to have somehthing like this in my agreement with the tenant:

1. Total rent = A+B

2. Part A is paid by tenant's employer

3. Part B is paid by tenant himself

4. State that there is another agreement in place and both will apply and in case of contradiction this agreement will override the other

Won't the above clauses be legally ok?

Regards,

Arun

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     11 March 2010

Still not a safe one. Do you have amenities. May you can have an agreement for amenities with the tenant. In such case you just have to cite the existence of a the rent agreement with the employer and a consideration/amenities charges for the amenities

vasudevan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register