Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish (Business development)     11 January 2013

Tds

Hello 

I have joined a company in the month of aug 2012 and i have been given appointment letter as Manager,and have been drawing 38000/- salary by hand ( Hot Cash) and since it is only 5 monhts that i have worked since got better offer gave my resignation on 11.01.2013 now the company says that they will deduct TDS of 10 % since I'm into the contract labour act and paid me only 18000/- says the rest of the amount they cant pay to me as TDS deductions but over all since august to dec my total salary didnt exceed more than 175000/- ( leaves and deductions ) how can they deduct TDS more over it should be only 2% and they say they will not repay me the amount will be nullified now i have to get toal of 15000/- of dec month and 7 days salary of january till date  how can i claim this amount what best can be done whom should i approach 

Appointmnet leeter its not stated as contact labour just clean offer letter and i'm not a confirmed employee too 

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     11 January 2013

Dear Harish ,

you can file a case against the company you can move to labour court . You have strong case as company is not clear about deductions part . They have deucted without giving proper justification and deduction of your salary.  Were you on probation period in appointment letter or directly appointed permanent.

Adv. NIKHIL SETH

Mumbai.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 January 2013

You have posted that:

--“ Appointmnet leeter its not stated as contact labour just clean offer letter and i'm not a confirmed employee too”.

You may check if company has mentioned about permanent post , probation period, age of retirement, break up of salary e.g. basic, DA, HRA, medical allowance etc .

For the components like HRA, medical allowance etc you may submit Rent receipts, meical bills etc and seek relief from IT.

The company is duty bound to ensure TDS whereas it has not deducted Tax each month and now at the time of separation it want to convey an amount verbally and probably do not want to issue any document e.g. salary slip of all months, salary certificate for period of employment of 5 month’s, Form 16 for taxable amount and tax deducted and deposited by it.

It is also not clear that you want to have proper documents or not?

--“ I have joined a company in the month of aug 2012 and i have been given appointment letter as Manager,and have been drawing 38000/- salary by hand ( Hot Cash)

Company should pay salary and issue salary slip which should be signed by both employee and employer. Company’s post wages/salary as expenses and how would you know what amount with what break up is posted against your name.

If establishment is covered as Factory or Commercial establishment it has to keep proper records as per provisions of these enactments.

You as an employee would need Form 16 to claim refund and file proper IT return. If you have correct Form 16 you can always validate IT return filed by you.

The onus of making correct declarations in your IT return is on you.

--“ they will deduct TDS of 10 % since I'm into the contract labour act”.

You would know what is written in contract of employment/appointment letter issued by company and accepted by you.

You may show it to your labor consultant/service lawyer.

--“ says the rest of the amount they cant pay to me as TDS deductions but over all since august to dec my total salary didnt exceed more than 175000/- ( leaves and deductions )

You may represent to your appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary and explain in person that amounts disbursed to you are not within taxable limits and you shall compute your income from company { declared by salary slips/salary certificate} at the end of financial year with other income and file IT return.   

You may also request for last salary slip and FNF statement showing all payments made to you from DOJ, and IT deducted from final payout to you.

If the FNF statement is not correct you may decline to accept it in writing under acknowledgment.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

Harish (Business development)     14 January 2013

but they are not paying back my dec month salary back according to the payment of wages act it is a mistake of my employer by not paying and delaying it  and now handover of work to the management since i have to introduce the potential clients to management and this is also not included in the offer letter that i have to do so at the time of leaving the company

now how will i get my salary back is my first issue and i do not want to handover the clients since i have notified from day one in the form of daily reports to management so why is this again they say i have to say to clients that i'm not working with the company bla blabla and all the stuff is that must when it is not inthe offer letter as clause and will this effect my full and final settlement and i want to send them notice too for denying and delaying the dec month salary

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2013

You may request to supply last salary slip and FNF statement showing all payments made to you and IT deducted from final payout to you, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement by redg. post and mention that a postage prepaid self addressed envelope is enclosed for sending redg. post to you.

If the FNF statement is not correct you can agitate and you may decline to accept it in writing under acknowledgment.

You should write under acknowledgment to good office of appointing authority, MD asking to whom you should handover the charge and company property if any and affirm that you are willing to cooperate for handover. It shall help you in the long run. Usually the charge is handed over to HOD/employee designated by company. The company should respond to you in writing.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

KCS Kutty, Pune (FACULTY)     16 January 2013

Pl give the following details

Gross Salary                      TDS made          

Aug 12

Sept 12

October 12

November 12

December 12

January 2013

What was your earnings prior to 12th August 2012 from 1st April 2012 ? Did your previous employer

made TDS on the salary ?   What is relevance of Rs 1, 75,000 ?  Please clarify that whether you were

an employee eligible for receiving salary or a Professional engaged for professional work and paid professional

charges ? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register