LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrinmoy (Software Engineer)     15 December 2014

Tax deduction on invoice?

My company provides software services. I sent an invoice of  Rs. 30,000 to one of a client company. The client company deducted Rs. 3,000 as tax. I provided our service tax registration number also in the invoice. I think that, they should not have deducted any amount.  I am not sure. Need your help.

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     15 December 2014

This is TDS Deduction and will be done. Company should provide you with TDS Certificate at end of financial year ( you can also check via your Company's PAN Number yourself on the Web.. ) and you should account for the same while filing your Company's IT returns.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the " Thank Contributor " button would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register