LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

patra   04 June 2017

tax after sale of land

I bought land in 2014 for 50 lakhs now i sold at 1.75cr Case 1.Can any one suggest how much i have to pay as tax Case2:if i buy a home of 75 lakhs still i have to pay capital gain and 1 cr again i will invest in land Case 3:please suggest a best option to save money

Learning

6 Replies

patra   04 June 2017

I bought land in 2014 for 50 lakhs and in 5 months i will sell for 1.75cr as i got a party Case 1.Can any one suggest how much i have to pay as tax Case2:if i buy a home of 75 lakhs still i have to pay capital gain and 1 cr again i will invest in land Case 3:please suggest a best option to save money

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 June 2017

er. The formula is:

Indexed Cost of Acquisition = (Actual cost of purchase) * (CII Of Year of Sale)/(CII of Year of Purchase).

Capital Gain = (Sale Price MINUS Indexed Cost of Acquisition).

Capital Gains Tax = 20% of Capital Gain

The capital Gain so acquired  so should be invested in section 54 and 54 EC of IT Act purchase of new house,NHAI bonds and Rural Electricity Bonds, capital Gain Scheme fioor 3 years sioon after which(When the term is over) invest in the construction of a new house.

If srill any thing is left over it attracts tax of `15 % or 20% depending on the tax slab of the individual.

That is long term capital Gains Tax.Due to various exemptions granted under section 54 series you can substanbtially save on your long term capital gain.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 June 2017

If cost of purchase of new house is Rs.75 lakhs and old house is 50 lakhs you pay nil capital Gains Tax.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 June 2017

yOU'LL'VE TO PAY 1500000 lONG TERM CAPITAL gAINSTAX AT 20% NET INCOME.iF YOU SAVE IN SECTION 80 C  FOR INTEREST AND SECTOION 54 EC  FOR bONDS OR CAPITAL GAIN ACCOUNT IN A  pUBLIC SECTOR bANK FOR 3 YEARS FOR BUYING A HOUSE YOU CAN SAVE ON TAX.Fcalculating long term capital gain account tax we need  months of purchasing the current house and month of sale.I'd calculate and give you.So please provide months of  purchase and sale of the house.If yo appreciate this answer please click like button on my profile Iff you want to click later on no problem.my email is ushakapoor310@gmail.com.

patra   18 June 2017

Again i want to invest in land only because my mother have many house

patra   18 June 2017

1.madam Again i want to invest in land only because my mother have many house 2.means i have invest only the tax amount or completely 1.50 cr into bonds?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register