Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymssss (job)     11 April 2018

special marriage between a Muslim guy and a Hindu girl

Hi,

I am a Muslim guy, i want to marry a Hindu girl. We both are adults. We know each other for 10 years.

We want to get married without any issues. We are worried about the communal issues that have become more common.

What is the best and legal way to get married without becoming a target or a reason for communal issues.

Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Anonymssss (Job)     12 April 2018

Thank you for the information, this is very helpful. Also both our parents do not approve this marriage. Are there any legal possibilities for girls parents to object or annul the marriage (as in Hadiya case). Resgistered marriage mandates sending notice to both parties via speed post. This worries me a lot.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     12 April 2018

I told that the valid objections raised by anyone can be on the various conditions for valid marriage under the Act, any other objections will not be entertained by the Marriage Officier. As far sending copy of the notice of marriage by speed post to either parties place of permanent residence is concerned that depands from the district/state to district/state in India, like in Delhi state no copy of notice to marriage sent to the place of residence of either parties. The notice for marriage given to Marriage Officer, copy of the same is supposed to be affixed outside the office of the Officer on the Notice Board. The local Newspaper publication of the notice is also in some cases in some states/districts in India. However this is not a big issue as the parties who made their mind for inter-religious civil marriage are sensible enough to deal the situation with their parents or relatives. I had privilege of geting married many such couples and found no objections raised by parents of either side, rather those parents stood as witnesses to the marriage.

What happened in Haidya case was more a political issue rather communal and media hyped it to maximum as is their job by spreading false information to general public. I have been bloging and answering such inter-religious marriage related questions in various social and legal websites apart from helping young couple to get married in a legaly valid marriage and see nothing much happening if such marriage take place.

1 Like

Anonymssss (Job)     12 April 2018

Thank you again for detailed reply. That means a lot to me in my current situation. Its a very huge stress to handle. Thank you. I will update my progress here. Thank you for the support

Anonymssss (Job)     22 May 2018

So last few weeks we tried to convince our parents. But the girls parents are not willing to accept nor allow our marriage to happen. At this point should we go to police? Police have always been my biggest fear with my own not so great personal experience with them. Does getting registered marriage at this point of time (whilst the girls parents are both worried and ferocious) a proper decision. What are the possibilities of their parents taking any violent decisions and how best to legally tackle. I may be over reacting, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register