Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gsa (n/a)     13 July 2009

sikh boy and hindu girl.plz help

friends i need your help,

i am a sikh boy and i love a hindu girl, both of us want to marry, but our parents are against this marriage, we both are above 20 years old, we want to be married legally so that nobody can take action on us,  how can we marry simply without any complications,  we are afraid if our parents file case on us, i live in punjab and the girl live in  U.P, we want to marry plz help us, how can we marry?

Learning

11 Replies

gsa (n/a)     13 July 2009

plzzzz friends help me , i will be thankful to all of u from the bottom of my heart,

plzzzz,plz understand my feelings, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     13 July 2009

My dear, you are just above 20. For the purpose of marriage, you must be 21 or above.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     13 July 2009

DEar gsa,

For your marriage religion is no problem as sikhs are also Hindus according to law.

Presently there is a hurdle of your age. For legal marriage (court marriage/ arya samaj marriage) your age should be 21.

So in my opinion you should wait for some time till you do not complete the age of 21.

On completion of your age 21 and your girl friend's age 18, you may very well make your marriage by court or by arya samaj or by gurudwara according to your customs.

gsa (n/a)     14 July 2009

friends i will be 21 years old in few months, the problem is that  in the court marriage i will have to spend lot of money and there will be lots of complications, plz tell me the easiest way,

gsa (n/a)     14 July 2009

plz tell if there is a fastest way plzzzzz

sunaina (Lawyer)     14 July 2009

Hi, of course u can after attaining the age of 21 though inspite of your parents not giving consent for it. We lawyers are here not only to tell law but we also owe social and moral obligations towards society.  Marrying does not end the story as u see in films my boy, its your responsibility to maintain your wife, you need to be financially stable. Let me know what s your qualification. I understand how crazy the mind works at age of twenty.  Think before you take any hasty decisions in life. Don’t take life so easy its not film of three hours. I am not degrading you its my kind advice I am just informing u to think and take decision. I am not saying u are incapable one can achieve anything and shoulder the responsibility at age of 20, but its not every ones cup of tea. Never forget your parents role in your life be great full to them always. Be wise. I am sorry if my words have hurt u.
I hope other members of the club will support my advice. If I am wrong please do correct my advice.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     14 July 2009

Dear gsa,

I've replied your private message in this regard.

You may check it.

gsa (n/a)     15 July 2009

hi,dear sunaina friend,i have sent u a p.m for your suggestion, dear i m aware of this fact.thanks

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     15 July 2009

Well gsa, court marriage as you say are marriages solemnized under the Special Marriage Act .... here there is a mandatory provision of giving one month notice prior to marriage date .... and both parites need not be of the same religion ...... I do not think this is expensive ...... But since both of you are Hindus you can get married as per Hindu Marriage Act ...... A priest from a temple can also solemnize  your marriage in accordance with the hindu customary rites and ceremonies ...... and let him execute an Affidavit or writing that he has solemnized your marriage and sign it .... You will have to register your marriage thereafter with the necessary proof of your marriage ....... The only hurdle now is that you are still not a major ..... so wait and attain the age of 21 first.

gsa (n/a)     15 July 2009

dear friends i will be of 21 in few months, the problem is that we want to marry in less time duration.  so that nobody can even get information about our marrige.we want to marry legally so that nobody can even touch us.plz friends help me.i will be thankful to u all from the bottom of my heart.plz help me.thanks to all friends. god bless u alll.

gsa (n/a)     16 July 2009

hi friends plz tell me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register