LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rommy fernz (Service)     10 April 2017

Selling of land by landlord

My fathers family...(thats me and my sister who has now married and moved )and my fathers brother his wife and 3sons have been staying as tenants under a landlord .my father and his brother have been stayin as tenants for more than 60years not ,sure if this is called "pagdi system" as it is not exactly a chawl but kind of row houses you could say..now my father and his brother have been cooking seperately,paying electric bills ,repair works and rent half and half equally since they were staying here since childhood.basiclly joint family. now, my father also has 2sisters who used to stay here before and have now moved and settle else were after marriage...in mumbai itself. the landlord has a bunglow and we tenants stay in a kind of a row houses. as per documents ,rent reciepts and electric bills are on my father name he is the eldest son so will this mean that this house is on his name?.......recently there are rumours that the land lord has sold the property to a builder....my questions are 1- if the land is sold , will we be getting a house to stay in? Or will the builder pay us?? 2- who will be the owner of the new house? Or if given money who will it go too? 3- can dad sister or his brother claim for a share as documents are on dads name?and his sister and brother could say its there fathers and mothers property and they want a share aswell? 4- does the shares have to be split equally by may dad and his brother?since his bother staying with him since childhood Or is it all just dads? 5-is the current house on my fathers name as he only has ration card, electric bills,rent bills,water bills,gas on his name and his brother has telophone bill,ration card,gas bill on his name aswell? 6-will the property be split up into shares to my dad,his brother and sisters..? Please help??so can be prepared?as having a hard time ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rommy fernz (Service)     11 April 2017

Sir" All the blood relations, staying with your father can claim residential rights and nothing else. " which means that all who are staying with my father now will also be stayin in the same acommodation given by the builder who has brought the land.

"In the event of redevelopment of the property the legal tenants are offered alternative accommodation of the same measurements as they are occupying at present" sir i would like to know who will own the new accommodation u mentioned?? Will it be my father..only????? or his brother as well???? or all brothers and sisiters.??? Just need deatails as i really dont understend how this workd regards to landlord sellingn land to builder then what happens next.....i have no clue??? Who will own the new house if given by builder?? Will we be in amjoint family again?? Will the owner be only my dad or his brother as well...?? I understand that all tenets staying around use would get accomodation with same measures....?? But not clear on who will be the owner of it...i mean the house my dad is stayin in now

Rommy fernz (Service)     13 April 2017

Any help......who will get the altetnate accomodation(flat  )....just my father, or my father and his brother equally ,or my father his brother and 2sisters who have not being staying here since married....rent,electric bill on my fathers name...so once it goes for redevelopment wht happens next....how does my father go about it....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register