Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selva Ganapathi   07 January 2021

sale of Minor property

In 1975,A Hindu grandfather makes a sales deed to his grandson (Minor - age 5 at the time ) with Minor's mother as guardian. In 2006, Minor turned into major ( his age is 33), he sold that property alone to a third party without the consent of his mother (Gaurdian). Now in 2021, her mother sent a lawyer notice to that third party that she also has a share in the property.
Does the guardian really has rights?


 7 Replies

Sridaran Ganapathysubramanian   07 January 2021

once the Minor after completion of 18 years,he will become major as per law.So,he has got every right to sell the property to any person with out getting any consent from his mother.His mother has got guardian rights till his attainment of majority.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 January 2021

The legal notice is just a threat and mother is aware that her son is absolute owner for 28 years.  As the notice is from mother, it is the duty of the son to make arrangements for her comfortable living.

Selva Ganapathi   07 January 2021

Thank you so much 🙏

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 January 2021

The owner, then minor and now major is absolute titleholder and can dispose the property without knowledge or consent of mother, she has no locus standi right, claim or interest in the property.

Selva Ganapathi   09 January 2021

Respected Sir, in the same case,the mother has 3 sons.But we don't know that 2 younger sons are born or not at the time of sale. But in the property paper only eldest son name only mentioned. so we have sign of eldest son only. Does other younger 2 sons have rights ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 January 2021

Don' confuse and make others confuse.  The sale deed is in the name of Mr.A, whether it be a grandfather of some one, that registered document is a title and he can deal it as he likes.  His mother or his siblings can not bring any  action as it is a registered title deed.

Selva Ganapathi   10 January 2021

Thank you so much 🙏My Qn's are just out of my fear in this case.Thanks for all the replies and your valuable feedback 🙏

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register