Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K (N/A)     16 May 2014

Sale deed

Dear Sirs/Madam

My elder sister and I are the sole legal heirs of my deceased mother's property in Cherpu, Kerala

The property is still in my mother's name. My sister (an NRI) wants to purchase the property from me for market price.

What Deed is applicable by me here?

1) Release/Relinquishment Deed?

2) Sale Deed?

3) Gift Deed?

Kindly advise the Deed for which there is the least complicated and minimum tax/charges

Thank You

Learning

6 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     16 May 2014

You can execute any one of the above said deeds at your option. All the three mode of conveyance are legally permissible as for as your case is concerned. Execution of release deed may not cause huge expenses.

K (N/A)     16 May 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind response

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     16 May 2014

Most welcome.

By

Lawyer Mrs. Saleema Kabeer

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 May 2014

Though you can execute any one document  of said deeds but Release/Relinquish Deed is less expensive so you must execute Release/Relinquish Deed in favour of your sister..

Nitisha Jain (Associate Lawyer)     17 May 2014

I agree with Mrs. Saleema and Mr. Bhartesh.

Though all the modes are legally permissible, sale deed and gift deed will call for heavy stamp duty while release deed will take minimal stamping.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 May 2014

Agreed with experts.

Get the names of legal heirs ( Virasat)  recorded in mutation record (Intkaal or whatever is the term in local language) from Patwari.

Thereafter you can give away your share by any of the deeds mentioned by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register