Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anamika (NIL)     17 November 2012

Sagotra mariage

Dear All,

A friend of mine, who is brahmin girl wants to marry a guy from the same gotra. Guys parents are opposing for this marriage saying that same gotra boy and girl can't marry as they bcome brother and sister. But if we follow science there is no blood relation possible between both the families. They are just distant relatives. Both the families are followers of Uttaradi Matha. Request you to provide answer for following questions.

1. As per HMA the marriage of a girl and boy from different families but sharing same gotra is possible or not.

2. If not what are the ways to make this marriage possible.

Learning

8 Replies

venkateswararao akkinapalli (associate)     17 November 2012

Sapinda relationship is within the purview of prohibited relationship to perform marriageas per HMA.

You may ask somebody other than the parentsof the girl to do kanyadaan after making her to participate in somereligious rituals of that proposed parents where the declaration by them is made that the girl is her daughter. This is not necessary actually but to avoid any complications in future. groom th girl for some time as th daughter of the proposed parents keeping her in their home.

Avrao

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     18 November 2012

Gotra is immaterial for the purposes of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act, boy and girl may be the same gotra but should not be sapindas to each other. Gotra is a larger body as opposed to a Pinda (offering oblations to the same ancestor) As long as the relationship does not fall in Sapindas - they can freely marry. 

Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog : www.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com, www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

Stay Connected on Facebook ! www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

venkateswararao akkinapalli (associate)     18 November 2012

I apologize.Mr.Bharat Chugh is correct. I mistook gotra to pinda and given an opinion. My sincere regrets

Avrao

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     18 November 2012

Yes If you are sure that they are no recent common lineal ascendant in the families then both can marry under HMA....

Dont worry there are no legal complications...

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

hamsa (Computer Operator)     19 November 2012

Hi Anamika ji,

If Boy and Girl like each other no problem. If the Girl's relatives, Who are belongs to other Gotra they can take that girl as their daughter and they can make kanya dana. But normally girl will not agree for this because her parents will not get Kanya Dana Punya. 

According to Hindu dhrama Who belongs to the same gotra they are brother and sister. Because they are that Maharshi's family. ( As if they belongs to Kashyapa Gotra they are Kashyapa Maharshi's Family ). Our Rushi muni's are great scientists. In our Hindu system there is some scientific reason so that they made like that. If we go in depth we get the result, Why they made and what is the reason behind that.

If the boy and girl are not beleaving this they can marry. Yadhi Gotra & Jathaka Match hoke bhi shadhi smooth running nahi ho tha, It all depends up on how they under stand each other.

Now a days this is lacuna in our youths.

Anamika (NIL)     09 December 2012

Dear friends,

A appreciate and thank for all your advices. They are really going to help us when we are going to talk with both the families. 

There is one more query !

I got one more suggestion from a friend, to meet the honourly Uttaradimath Swamiji directly and convince him for this marriage.

I feel that as he is the representative of brahmin samaj he would not agree for this. what is your openion.

If at all I get a chance to talk with him, What points I can put forth to convince him.

Seeking for your suggestions.

Have a great time..

Regards,

Anamika.

Anamika (NIL)     12 December 2012

Dear Friends,

Awaiting for your openion.

Best Regards,

Anamika

kishore (student)     14 December 2012

Dear anamika we'll do marriage not just for some days...we expect they will live together with love and prosperity and children same gothra marriage r prohibited because not only they r relatives but also sintific reasons r there.

Dont take  chance because we'll expect their relation life long

they r in love so they dont listen wat ever we tel

there r two ways 

1 the bride or groom can be adopted to some other gothra

2 marriage can be done in muslim way of marrige thereu can marry any girn other than ur own sister

my other point is whether rushis r also same or different?..if they also same u should not marry them

because the only reason u said they r brahmins

if u satisfy with my answer i ll tel u more points on this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register