LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aarush Kumar   15 October 2021

Rental agreement

Sir my rental agreement is over but I haven't inform the landlord that I'm leaving the when my agreement is over so, They are deducting 2 month rent from my security deposit. I asked him that my rental agreement is over then how notice period matter and he is telling that this is the rule.

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 October 2021

No, When period of rent agreement is over then landlord action of deducting two months rent from your security amount is wrong and against the terms and conditions of rent agreement.Issue legal notice to landlord and demand deducting amount of rent.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 October 2021

With the efflux of time your rent agreement is stated to have expired, accordingly landlord can not retain advance money deposited, issue notice in writing if security is not refunded on vacation.

Aarush Kumar   15 October 2021

Yes I'm telling the same to my landlord that notice period which is mentioned in the agreement of 2 month prior notice is for within the agreement period . After the agreement is expired then why notice period is the matter of deducting my amount but he is telling that I will have to search for another tenant so I'm deducting the amount. I also know that for vacancy period tenant is not liable to pay any amount.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 October 2021

You may serve a legal notice on him requesting for the refund of the Security Deposit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register