LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajmore 22 (Service)     07 January 2008

Renewal of Contract Registration

Dear all

ours is manuf. unit. i have not renewed my RC for the yr of 2008. i have some queries please help me with it.

as i do not have any new coming project to put the worker on contract to do the work for another 3 months. i might get the new order after that but till that time i do not have any work to give them.

1) Can i apply for renewal of RC as and when i required to start my work.

2) i have taken a previous year registration for full year but out of that only 5 months thw workers were put on the work. Do i have to take full year Registration

3) if i get the order and i put the application of renewal meanwhile i put the workers on work will it be a offence ?

4)  if i take full year RC ( Jan to DEc ) do i have to give the full year contract work to contractor or i can give whenever there is work ?

please reply me it is urgent




 5 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     07 January 2008

Are you seeking information on the Factories Act?

rajmore 22 (Service)     08 January 2008

Hi geetu

thnaks for ur reply, i have searced in the factory act but in that it is not celarly mentioned on my queries.



Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     08 January 2008

Can you specify under which Act you are holding the RC?

rajmore 22 (Service)     08 January 2008

Dear Sir,

It is under the Contract Labour act .

Prashant More



Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     09 January 2008

Under the CLRA Act, you need to have registration to execture the work through contract labour. In case your registration has expired you can apply for renewal. Unless you have registration there is a bar to employ the contract labourers.

In my opinion, there is no obligation on the part of the contractor to give work to the labourers through out the period of license.

In case you  downt have work through out the year, you can opt for temporary registration under Rule 32 of the CLRA Rules. But this registration is given for work which may not exceed 15 days.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register