LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (junior engineer)     06 September 2014

Relieving letter

Dear sir,

I joined wbsetcl a state govt company on 14/03/2011 and after giving an el application of 33days for medical treatment I go for medical treatment from 01/02/2012 .I submit a letter with medical and a letter for leave till assistant engineer informed me to join the office and said that they get medical certificate on24/04/2012.but I not joined my office and datet 14/07/2012 I get a letter from my area manager(SE) that if I will not join the office he will take disciplinary action.I do want to join office because I was in coaching center for preparation for better job,so I tendered my resignation on 07/08/2012 to the office.after a long time I get a letter dated 15/03/2014 for depositing amount of 131630 including bond money fifty thousand ,one month notice period mine because I not serve the notice period and extra salary and I paid the said amount on18/03/2014.

Now I get job in wbsedcl which is also a state govt company.but in absence of release order I could not join an I had seek an extension time for20 days from 01/09/ present company not giving me release order or resignation  acceptance  letter they said that I had not join the office from 01/02/2012 to resignation date that is 07/08/2012.

I was inprobation period and till the resignation company not served me confirmation letter.

As per term and conditions I had to work minimum 4year otherwise I have to pay 50 thousands to the company and one months notice  period or one month salary in probation period. I have already paid all amount including bond money,one months notice period money and extra salar.

I have already paid all money including bond money,extra month and one Monte's notice period money.


So please give advice for further action.




 2 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     06 September 2014

As it is breach from your side, I would suggest pay 50 thousands to the company and one month salary and get relieve

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2014

You have posted that you joined on 14.03.12 and submitted sick leave application dt.01.02.12 for 33 days.

How is it possible to apply sick leave even before joining?

Then with medical certificate for 33 days how can you apply leave till June?

If you have resigned on 07.08.13 then how can employer claim that you worked till 07.08.12?

You have not posted the query carefully.

You were probably not sick for entire period and were in coaching centre!

If you have proof of dispatch and delivery on sick leave application then you can contest the statement of SE that medical certificate was received late on 24.04.12.

 You have complicated the matter and you want relieving letter.

It is felt that even if you pay liquidated damages stated in Bond, notice pay, may not be issued Relieving letter.This is the most imp. point that you need to confirm.

The employer had warned for disciplinary action and might have concluded it too and probably you are terminated for misconduct.

For proper understanding/resolution approach Labor Consultant/Service lawyer in person with all docs on record.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register