cpc

registered trademark certificate

Dear Experts,

We have an application in trademarks registry, which online status says that it is registerd. The certificate number also generated by the TMR.

Now the question is, the Agent to whom I have given Authorization to deal my Trademark matters, is demanding huge money to issue that certificate. The reason he is saying is, we need to pay that amount to the government for issuing The certificate.

I request you all to suggest me, whether we need to pay to the TMR for issuing certificate? If yes how much is the staturoty fee?

Advocate

Sir, let me know how much he is charging. The thing is, people charge different fees from the parties. Fee is not fixed and depends on where you go for registration and also how much you can pay. That should be agreed upon by the two of you before you actually apply for registration. If you had agreed to give certain fees, then now you cant say "No" to him. The charge for TM registration usually starts from 8-10k in Bangalore. 

Dear Madam,

Actually we have already paid Rs.12000, which he quoted,  for my Trademark apllication to him with a promise of no additional charges except in the case of opposition.

My application got registered by the TMR.

Advocate

Sir, I assure you that there is no requirement for him to pay any amount to get the certificate from TM Registration office. It is true that in case of any objections, you had to pay more. The fees you have paid should suffice him to give you the certificate now. As you have given him the POA to carry all transactions, he is now trying to harass you.

There are India Trademark Registration Service Fees includes

* Payment of Attorney Fees
    * Payment of Government Fees for filing your application

You said that we have already paid Rs.12000, which he quoted,  for my Trademark apllication to him with a promise of no additional charges except in the case of opposition.

So, Suchitra. S  is right .Agent  is now trying to harass you.Ask why  he demand more money ?

thank you so much for replying to my querry.

I would like to know is there a chance to revoke the POA given to him and proceed with some other?

Advocate

You can send the copy of revocation of POA to the person to whom you had given POA after signing and getting notary signed. You can then appoint someone else for the purpose. Or, if the registration of TM has been done, you yourself can collect it from TM registration office.

dear mam

i m practising advocate at himachal pradesh. do you let me know about the reg of company name.

Advocate

Prem Sir, do u mean the address of TM Registration office? I did not get you.

mam 

yes mam office as well as the formalities. i only know that the company is regtd at jallendher bt nothing else.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x