LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mandeep verma (head)     12 August 2011

Regarding payment of cpf after dismissal

can anybody tell me plzz..is there any rule of getting the full amount ( with contribution of department,under CPF )  after the case of dismissal from government job...where all the recoveries put by department has already been paid...i have got only my contribution towards cpf,department hold their own contribution..plzzz help me out.. i am very confused..no one is sure on this topic..the lawyers with whom i talked they are saying that it is possible that employee can get full contribution..but i am not sure bcoz all lawyers accept the case only for money..plzz give me right information regarding my query...

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Dear mandeep,

I don't think in any Government department Contributory Provident Fund (CPF) is applicable, as in Government departments pension scheme or the General Provident Fund (GPF) scheme is applicable where only interest on the balances available in the GPF account is allowed, but not any contribution from the Government. So, please recheck if in your Government department if CPF is applicable. However, in new pension scheme contributory pension scheme is applicable to the new recruits with effect from 01 January 2004.

About GPF or CPF, it is the property of the employee and can claim any time after discharge from his post. Government cannot deduct or withhold even a single paisa out of that amount.

mandeep verma (head)     21 August 2011

thanks Dhingra Sir for your reply,

actually this query belongs to my father.he worked with Punjab water supply and sewarage board.they provide CPF scheme and that is sure.My father was dismissed from job but department hold their own contribution after the dismissal . is there any ruling  that may help us ??

(Guest)

Dear Mandeep,

Since you are not sure, which type of provident fund (GPF or CPF or EPF) your father was the member of, you first need check the same either from the employer's office or from the balance sheet slips received annually by your father. Without knowing full facts any answer can mislead you rather than solving your problem.

mandeep verma (head)     24 August 2011

Dhingra Sir,

I know it and i am sure,my father was getting salary under CPF Scheme.my father got only his contribution of CPF and the rest of contribution by the department has been blocked.so i need help.many told me that no one can hold any amount of CPF..bt i want some definate rule regarding it,like from CIVIL SERVICES RULES or any rules relating to  PUNJAB GOVT  which may help us.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 December 2011

ccs(cpf) rules are available inmarket andsimilar rules of pb govt may also be available.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register