Arshad Hossain 18 December 2021
Anaita Vas 30 December 2021
To change your advocate you must take NO OBJECTION from your present advocate on vakalatnama and must file the same through your new advocate. You can not change advocate without taking No Objection from your present Advocate.
Changing an advocate is not a hurdle talk. You may appoint a new advocate for your further proceeding if the respective court allows in between the current situation.
You may follow the steps at your convenience.
1. Ask the court if you can change.
2. Find a new lawyer.
3. Terminate the representation with your initial lawyer.
4. File a motion for substitution of attorney.
5. File for a continuance, if necessary.
6. Request your file from your former lawyer.
7. Request return of unearned fees.
There is no specific format for NOC. You have to take the NOC of the existing lawyer on the new Vakalatnama and file in Court. Or you have to file an application before Court for permission to change your current lawyer.
LegalFighter (test) 16 December 2022
Getting NOC from the existing lawyer is not necessary to appoint a new vakkalatnama.
Please refer the case R.D. Saxena vs Balram Prasad Sharma on 22 August, 2000