LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arshad Hossain   18 December 2021

Regarding noc from advocate for change of advocate

need to change an advocate from the case as such we need a legal format of noc


 2 Replies

Anaita Vas   30 December 2021

To change your advocate you must take NO OBJECTION from your present advocate on vakalatnama and must file the same through your new advocate. You can not change advocate without taking No Objection from your present Advocate.

Changing an advocate is not a hurdle talk. You may appoint a new advocate for your further proceeding if the respective court allows in between the current situation.
You may follow the steps at your convenience.
1. Ask the court if you can change.
2. Find a new lawyer.
3. Terminate the representation with your initial lawyer.
4. File a motion for substitution of attorney.
5. File for a continuance, if necessary.
6. Request your file from your former lawyer.
7. Request return of unearned fees.

There is no specific format for NOC. You have to take the NOC of the existing lawyer on the new Vakalatnama and file in Court. Or you have to file an application before Court for permission to change your current lawyer.



Anaita Vas



LegalFighter (test)     16 December 2022



Getting NOC from the existing lawyer is not necessary to appoint a new vakkalatnama.

Please refer the case R.D. Saxena vs Balram Prasad Sharma on 22 August, 2000

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register