Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian12345 (a)     23 March 2014

Redund of school admission fees

Hi,

I had taken my child's admission in a nursery school in Pune about 1 month back. Now due to some personal reasons I need to cancel the admission. I had visited the school and submitted an application for refund, the school department says they cannot refund the admission fees (which is non-refundable as per the receipt given to me), but can return the tution/term fee. The school has not opened yet for the new term and my child hasn't even attended a single session till now. She has not got the school kit too.

The school said they can refund the term fee that too after 5 months which I feel is not justifiable since while securing admission you need to give cheque for the current date while when getting refund it is post dated , that too 5 months late.

So what are my rights in this case as a Consumer. Any lawyer who can help me and what is the total fees which I would need to pay to the lawyer (inclusive of all). Can that fees too be recovered from the school ?

Please post the phone number/email id of the lawyers in case you know any.

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 March 2014

The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act or Right to Education Act (RTE), is an Indian legislation enacted by theParliament of India on 4 August 2009, which describes the modalities of the importance of free and compulsory education for children between 6 and 14 in India under Article 21a of the Indian Constitution.[1] India became one of 135 countries to make education a fundamental right of every child when the act came into force on 1 April 2010. Browse lawyer search in this portal for consultation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2014

All the rules and regulations enacted by the parliament will be looking good on papers and advertisements, but practically when the parent is approaching the management of the private schools, they will be implementing their own strict rules and regulations, which they will refuse to come out nor will they listen to the government policies or anything.  The rich crocodiles in the name of school correspondent/management, in the name of education are still looting the innocent parents which will never see an end in the present corrupt political situation, be it any government change.  At the maximum, the management will incline to some persistent parent's request and not all.  However, the author may seek the legal route, for an advocate, he may browse for one through this portal or look for one locally.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register