LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramchander S (Mech Engg)     23 December 2013

Rectification of sale deed and costs involved

I bought 2 acres of agricultural land in 2000. Now I have discovered the boundaries in the map of the sale deed to be erroneous. After having got a new survey done, I have now demarcated the new boundaries which the original seller has agreed to.

The seller has now said that we can get a rectification done. Can someone advise me if this is right and what would be the costs involved?

PS - I hope rectification is legally tenable compared to a new registration of the same land.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

There is no much cost involved and only a standard fees.Regarding this check with your Registrar office.I would prefer you execute the same at the earliest when your seller is co operative it self

1 Like

Ramchander S (Mech Engg)     24 December 2013

I have just discovered that rectification charges are the same as registering new property (Stamp Duty + Registration Charges). A little bit confused as to why it should be.

(Guest)

You try to understand first what you are saying is correct but you have to pay the stamp duty and registration fee in accordance to the increase in guideline value for  the difference amount only.For example at the time of your earlier registration if the guide line value is Rs 10 lacs as per the sale deed and if the present value as per guide line value of Registrar office is 12 lacs you have pay the stamp duty for the difference amount of 2 lacs only.Please check with Registrar office

Ramchander S (Mech Engg)     24 December 2013

Thanks Narasimha. That really helps. I just wanted to understand better before taking to a Registrar. So for the clarity of others, I am extrapolating.

Guidance Value for 1 acre when first bought = 1 lakh

Guidance Value for 1 acre during time of Rectification = 2 lakh

So Rectification Charges = Regn Charges + Stamp Duty of (2 lakhs - 1 lakh). I assume Transfer Duty would not be applicable 
here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register