LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAHUL NAG _____ (a)     31 December 2011

What measures i can take if someone places phone-conversatio

1)What measures I can take against my opponent if he places phone-conversations recordings as evidence in court??

2)Can anyone legally record phone conversation? doesnt it constitute any crime like invading privacy etc?

3) Is there any law which supports that telephone conversations cant be recorded unauthorisedly?? (for eg. Telegrap ACt etc etc)

Please help me as i want to counter attack my opponent who can  place false, edited phone conversations.....Can i anyway show the court that he has done a crime by illegally recording phone conversations?? please help.

Learning

4 Replies

mrgop (Owner)     31 December 2011

I think, if they submitted only recordings without the call details from the concerned telecom company, you can simply claim that it was fake and its not your voice. Then, it becomes their duty to prove the credibility of the recordings which is almost impossible with current level of sound clarity of mobile recordings.

Ranee....... (NA)     01 January 2012

if calls are recorded by some third party then it is 100% illegal.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     01 January 2012

phone tapping is crime

call recording by a party to the conversation is not.

now a days many handsets have built in auto call recording feature.

dipender kumar (advocate)     01 January 2012

The first and foremost thing you have to do in such situation is to deny outrightly about the voice.  You should say that it is not your voice and let the other party prove it that is your voice by leading expert evidence and you prove by leading your expert evidence that is not your voice.  CFSL will not come into the picture to investigate into this matter as it is a cvil case.  Then entire evidence will be thrown out of court window.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register