LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Padmanabhan.R (na)     02 November 2011

Property litigation


We have a property in chennai which was in my fathers name and after his expiry i have changed it to my name in 2011 but now i came to know that someone has forged documents as though my dad had given poa to them and they have later sold it off in 2006.What should i do to redeeem my property.Thanks.


 4 Replies

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     02 November 2011

File a suit for cancellation such sale Deed against the Vendor and Purchaser.

Padmanabhan.R (na)     03 November 2011

Is it true that we cannot take a loan or get approval for construction if the kand has some litigation?

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     05 November 2011

Fist get the Encumberance certificate form the concerned register office, if it is sold illegally then collect all copy of  the documents form the register office. Then file a case for cancellation of the sale deed and to recovery of possession . Also obtain injunction not to alienate the property. You can also file a land grabbing case in police.

K.P.Satish Kumar M.L.

Advocate: 9962111818


SURESH GODBOLE (ADVOCATE)     12 November 2011

If you know the party who has forged the documents and get some documentary evidence ,  the first step is to file an FIR , second step , if nothing has been co0structed on land file a case for stay order for any contruction by the defaulte4r party , because , the Party who purchsed the land did not know tjhat the documentsw are forged , so file FIR against both

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query