Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guestneedhelp (home)     20 September 2011

Quit notice

Dear Sir/Madam

I have taken a lease for 5yrs of a small area to run my business and has been giving rent to the owner for the same last 2yrs within 7th of the month without fail.In August month due to the death of my father in law i failed to do the same.I told my owner about the mishap.He assured no problem pay later.Now all of a sudden he has sent me a notice to quit the area by end of November.

What should i do? Shall i take legal action?Please advice.

Learning

2 Replies

Anoop K (Marketing Mgr)     20 September 2011

If your Lease agreement warrants that the lease period can be terminated before the lease period, by serving adequate notice, then your landlord has abided by the terms of agreement.

I faced such an issue in the past, and hence, my opinion!

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     20 September 2011

what are the terms and conditions of your lease agreement that carries a lot more importance.If before expiry of 5 year by serving 1/2/3 months notice if either of the parties is at liberty to conclude the agreement or if breach of condition i.e. default in payment in rent is there then landlord can sue you.

keep cool. if your intentions are clear. dont go for any litigation. instead wait and watch any action from the landlord. till then continue with your business.try to sort out the issue amicably. all the best.

J.P.PATEL. (ADVOCATE) (99921158871)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More