LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ArjunKrishna   29 November 2021

Query related to divorce

I have a cousin and she's got married. There was an issue with her husband that hasn't been updated before the marriage. After the marriage, she had noticed everything and complained about the issue to her parents. There were many discussions and debates between the two families. Later she opted to go for the divorce. During the time of discussions, both the families agreed for the divorce. So she came back to her house. Ever since she's back to the home, they're constantly been avoiding the calls, ignoring the messages. They are now refusing to give back her clothes and the jewellery that were left in their home. They're now asking the amount in return as a compensation for the divorce. He has decided not to give divorce if they fail to give the amount. Can anyone suggest what's the better option/action to take?

 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   29 November 2021

If you want divorce then issue legal notice to return the clothes , ornaments and also the reason for divorce and file petition before family court or civil court.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 November 2021

When both families are ready for divorce then file divorce petition on ground of" mutual consent " and before filing petition return to each other their belongings and mentioned facts in this regard in petition. and if any of family disagree for divorce then be ready for multiple litigations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query