Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adimanindia (None)     23 February 2012

Query for capital gain tax

Hello,

Need you help in understanding the income tax for below property:

# I booked one apartment in Aug 2009 & the agreement between me and the builder was made on Dec 2009, apartment construction was not started that time,and handover date was April 2011. I have been paying the installments from last 2.5 years based on their progress. Possible we will get possession by Dec 2012.

# Still apartment is not ready and not registered on my name, and full payment is not made i.e. last 2 installents of total 6 Lakhs are pending.

# the cost of the apartment for me is 39 lakhs, and the current market value is 55 lakhs.

# If i want to sell the apartment now, i know that i have to pay short term capital gain on 55-39 i.e. on 16 lakhs. please let me know if it's correct.

# how long i need to wait so that i need to pay tax on long term capital gain, instead of short term.  which date (date on whihc i booked the apartment or the agreement date) will be considered to calculate the period of 36 months for long term capital gain ?

# if the agreement date will be considered for calculation of period, them i can sell this flat after Dec 2012, if i do so, how much tax i need to pay, assuming the market value will be 60 lakhs of this flat ?

Many thanks in advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register