Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMIR RADIA (Sr. Executive)     15 July 2014

Purchase of ready possession flat

Dear Lawyer's Club,

Am writing this message, with following ambiguity.

Am considering purchasing a Flat in a scheme of flat. Flat booking started in 2010. Possession started from 2012. 20% of the flats have been occupied, 80% flats have been sold, 20% flat are occupied by investers without registering this property. One of such investor's flat (through builder) has come up for sale, now in Jul'14. Am considering purchasing the same.

55.5 Lacs is the considered cost of flat.

About 4Lacs will be towards Service Tax, Maintenance and Property Registratioin.

Builder proposes following for the execution of deal:

Registration of Under construction Agreement to Sell: 12.30 lacs

Notarization of Construction Agreement: 26.41 Lacs. (Will not be registered. No bill/invoice will be given by construction company)

Notorization of Agreement towards Extra Construction: 16.49 Lacs (Will not be registered. No bill/invoice will be given by construction company)

All above agreements will be executed by three different companies but will be arranged by builder.

My queries:

1. Is this modus operandi legal, whereby even after ready possession, builder executes under construction agreement to sell and construction agreement.
  2. Not receiving the bills/invoice towards construction and extra construction, are ok? specifically from tax point of view and legal point of view, is payment towards such agreements withouth invoice considered white?
  3. What will be the actual value of my property once I take possession after above formalities: 12.30Lacs or 38.71 Lacs or 55.5 Lacs? What will be my cost price when I sell the property for capital gains tax calculation?
  4. What documents should I demand before or after registration of property e.g. occupancy certificate, etc.
  5. Is it ok if Sale deed is not registered, since Agreement to Sell is registered.

Please advice me on above from view point that all my documents are in place and I also donot face a problem should I decide to sell it in future.

Thanks.

Samir

Learning

2 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     15 July 2014

Every builder has to sell flats as per MOFA and hence an agreement for sale needs to be entered into as well as registered between yourself and builder.

Insist on agreement for sale as well as registration.

Regards

SAMIR RADIA (Sr. Executive)     15 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your prompt response. It would really help if you could touch on each of the queries to help make a well informed decision. Will appreciate your elaborate reply.

Thanks.

Samir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register