LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nilesh dhawal (service)     07 August 2010

purchase of agricultural land

I m a resident of kalyan,  Maharashtra, I intend to purchase agricultural land nearby kalyan. But I cant purchase agricultural land,  as I dont have farmer certificate. My father in law has inherited land. Can my wife became farmer on this ground. Whether she can purchase agricultural land. if yes, what documents are required to purchase agricultural land.


 5 Replies

M.S.Bhalerao (advocate)     08 August 2010


Only an agriculturist can by in Maharashtra.  If your inlaws show your wifes name in the records of rights such as 7/12 abstract pertaining to the inherited by them, then your wife  will be treated as an agriculturist and she can by subject to other provisions of Bombay Agr.Land act.



Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     09 August 2010

Yes, First your wife name enter in revenue record (7/12) thereafter u purchase a agriculture land in your wife name.

Simran (none)     13 August 2010

Even if husband is not farmer, can he also add joint name in this agri land purchase?

If yes, can husband have his name as first joint holder of the property and the 2nd name as wife?



Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 August 2010


Husband has not purchase a agriculture land on his name and joint name becuz he has not farmer. 

sr (developer)     25 May 2013

Dear Sir,

We are from agriculture family. My father has  his name on 7/12. But not my name yet. Can we purchase agri land in maharashtra. Also let me know if my wife is eligible to purchase land on his name if we use my father's 7/12.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register