Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind (Junior Consultant)     18 January 2014

Property share denial

Hi All,

Firstly, let me take this opportunity to congratulate LawyersClubIndia for the help and support they are providing. It is really incredible and immensely helpful to many.

Now coming to my query; My grand father, now 80, has two sons; my father the elder one and my uncle the younger one. My uncle has always been my grand fathers favourite and for some reason's only known to him and the lord almighty, he does not like my father.

We have come to know that my uncle is trying to get the ownership of the agricultural lands in our village transferred to his name from our grand fathers name.

My father started working with a PSU from the early 70's, he shared the burden of the whole family (we were a joint family till 2005), being the eldest son helped with marriage of his two sisters, took care of all the house hold expenses and also contributed towards the develpment of the family. He helped my grand father with money whenever a new piece of agricultural land was bought by us, but never bothered about getting it registered in his name. The whole property is now in my grand fathers name and we are being denied a fair share.

Can some of the experts and community members share a thought on what needs to be done so that we can get our share of the property. Also, what is an injuntion order? Does getting one really help??   

Thanks,

Arvind.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 January 2014

An owner can transfer his property by gifting or selling it. A sale deed, or any document through which the ownership rights are transffered ,is a document that gives evidence of the individual's ownership of a property. Rights in property can be transferred only an execution and registration of a sale deed in favour of the buyer. In your case the documents are in your grand father name. so He is the owner. If he make a WILL , according to WILL , the property will be distributed after his dealth only. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 January 2014

Dear,

See if whole of the property is self-acquired property of your grandfather then he could dispose of the same in any manner whatsoever, but if the same has been ancestral then it will be distributed according to the succession law. Since in your case the same been occupied with the money being contributed in the common poll by everyone, the same being not self acquired and everyone would have a right over the same.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

k.Ashokkumar (Deputy manager)     19 January 2014

sir,

I had one query.A lady receive ancester property share from his father. She had two daughters.She had one brother.

Her daughter got married in the year of 2011 december.Without her daughter signature the lady excute release

deed to her brother in the year 2011 march. As per Hindu succession act 2005 whether the legal heir(Daughter of the lady)is elgible to claim

1/3 of the property through partition suit  or not. Please clarify.

Regards,

K.Ashokkumar.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     19 January 2014

No she (daughter) cannot claim any share in it , it is mothers property she has all the right to settle the property to who ever she wants.

k.Ashokkumar (Deputy manager)     20 January 2014

Dear sir,

Thanks for the fruitful replies send for my query.With respect to my grandfather(mother's father)

properties i had some queries.My grandfather had five daughters(legal heirs).He died in the year 2003.

He owned ancesteral  properties and from the income he had acquired some self acquired properties.

All the daughters got married before 1987.After his demise one of the distance relative (his brother's

grand son) file a civil suit claiming all the properties by means of unregistered fabricated will executed 

by my grandfather.Please clarify whether my grandfather had rights to excute entire properties by means

of WILL.  Also clarify as per PATTA PASSBOOK ACT whether it is possible to change the properties patta

name before civil proceedings concluded.

Regards,

K.Ashokkumar

k.Ashokkumar (Deputy manager)     20 January 2014

Sir,With respect to patta name transfer i had some queries.One civil suit is pending in my

grandfather ancesteral properties with effect from 2003 onwards. During the period some

of the properties patta name is transferred  from my grandfather name to some other person

name.We had filed patta appeal to Subcollector office.The subcollector enquired and passed

order stating that the patta name will be transferred after completion of the civil suit.We had

explained the subcollector about the possibilities of encomference caused by patta holders

if the patta transfer is not cancelled by subcollector. Be the subcollector not replied properly.

Please clarify whether the "TAMILNADU PATTABOOK ACT" permit the patta name transfer while

civil suit is pending in court. Also with respect to Subcollector order whether it is possible

to file WRIT PETITION  in HIGH COURT to cancel the patta name transfer.

Regards,

K.Ashokkumar. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register