LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anirban Gope (Advocate)     06 April 2021

Property registration mumbai

I have a registered power of attorney given by my elder sister in my name for look after and sell out her residential flat at Virar, Mumbai. POA registered at Kolkata as she used to live here. Now concern person at Mumbai told me that registration of purchase documents I have to go through some adjudication of registered POA as the same is not registered at Mumbai (as suggested by registrar) and further it will take 3 to 4 business days. Being a practicing advocate I could not understand the whole process as per I know a registered POA is valid all over India and no need to further revalidation. As such kindly clarify. I am requesting those who specifically practicing at Mumbai and/or having knowledge over the rules and regulation. Thanking you anticipating an early cooperation in this regard.

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 April 2021

When a Power of Attorney executed in Kolkata in favour of another person who resides in Mumbai shall be got validated by the Collector under Stamp Act i.e the District Registrar concerned.  The stamp duty varies from one State to another State. Any POA except authorisation/attestation of power is executed in a State and sent to another State shall be got validated under Sec, 18 to 19,19-A of Stamp Act as the Stamp duties vary from one State to another State.  And for some sale documents and like, the Transfer duty in the shape of stamp duty also be levied. Hence it requires validation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register