property partition between brother and sister.


We had a house, In  which the land was pruchased by my fater and construction was done using the earnings of my mother, myself and my sister. Its a 3 floor building. Now we are planning to partition the House into 3- to each of us (Mother, myself and my sister). May be in futuer my mother will wrtie her share to any one of us (me or my sister) according to her wish. We all 3 are agreed that we are not going to sell the property any more in our life. Can you tell me is it possible to divide the property like this.

I need legal opinion from experts like you. Also if possible please let me know the procedure how I can approach.


Venkatesh. K


It is good that you are settling amicably.

It is believed that your father is deceased, he was Hindu, and has not left any WILL.


If the estate of your deceased father was self earned and he has not left any WILL then his CLassI legal heir shall share his wealth equally i.e. you, your mother, your sister........................and mother of your father if she is alive.

You may approach a local lawyer dealing in such cases/revenue matters...................and proceed for Family partition deed. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x