LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sahil (team developer)     21 July 2010


Hi, I have a property in delhi and tenant has filed a stay case on us and that case is pending in tees hazari court. My question is what will happen if we sell that property? My father is a senior citizen and right now we are staying on rent. What all are the actions thatr he can take as a case is pending in  court. We will inform the buyer in written that a case is going on. Please help


 5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     21 July 2010

Sir, You cannot sell the property while the case is pending.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     22 July 2010

you can not take any type of action during case is running if u take any type of action according property u also createa guilty .

sahil (team developer)     22 July 2010

can he file a criminal case against us???? as it is our property and he is staying there illegally. We owner inspite of having our own house are staying on a rent......

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     02 August 2010

You can sell the property. If you tell the buyer that the case is going on you may get less money but the headache after that will be buyer's.

No your tenant cannot file a cr. complaint against you for selling property. If he has recieved injunction from court regarding selling property only then selling it will attract liability. 

sahil (team developer)     05 August 2010

thank you for your reply.


The case pending in civil court is for stay...which has not beengranted tro him till date as judge is on leave. But will I have to pay any kind of compensation after selling the property.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register