LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nirav shah (manager)     09 October 2014

Property

I had booked a flat 4 years back from a reputed builder. i would like to know that in case of delay in project (more than a year & expected to take one more year) how do i get compensation from builder. Also,  is there any specific detail which should have been mentioned in agreement to sale because builders make that document as per their interest. Further, i would like to know can builder start construction on land for which he has not obtained non agriculture approval, is it legal to build without getting NA approval?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Learning

4 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     09 October 2014

A. You are entitled to get compensation or damages from the builder subject to the terms and condition of the Sale agreement. You can claim this by approaching the consumer forum under deficiency in service.

B. Conversion of the property from the agricultural to non agricultural is mandatory. Unless converted the land that the builder cannot build or construct residential flat. Hence, in case if the builder constructing the flat with out obtaining conversion is highly illegal. 

SATEESH KUMAR REPAKA (Business Associate)     09 October 2014

Type of Property : Land owned by Private Trust.

Total Land : 100 Acres

Query : Is  private trust land eligible for sale?

P JOSEPH (iNDIVIDUAL)     09 October 2014

I have a query : I have a flat in joint name of my wife and myself. The registration was done at Gurgaon on 07.10.2014. However, it was told that only the first holder, who is my wife needs to sign the conveyance deed, though my name as Joint holder is mentioned in the deed. 1. Kindly confirm that the registration is in order or not. 2. If it is not in order, what is the procedure to sign by the 2nd joint holder. 3. whether the signature with the first holder can be sold. Your reply would be highly appreciated. Regards P JOSEPH

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     11 October 2014

You may sign and register the same document again within 4 months.

Hardly anybody will purchase. It can not be sold also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register