LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Palak Lotiya (Legal Content Writer/ Editor Resource Person)     23 June 2010

Professional Tax Refund


I am working as a freelancer with a reputed institution and as they pay me on work done basis every month and they deduct 10 percent from my payment every month by way of professional tax. But I am not having texable income and hence would like to claim back this amount. So please direct me as to in which form should I submit my IT return and what is the due date by which I should file this return and claim refund.

Thanks and Regards,



 2 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     26 June 2010

the question was raised at expert section and answered.

pratik (self working)     08 July 2010

Hi Palak

Pls dont use the words freelancer & working because as per the interpretation of the words there are different meaning under the income tax act, 1961.

1)So as per your query i would like to give a suggestion that first clarify whether u have extra income leaving the above mentioned which has been said in your query.

2) Also tell me whether the nstitution in which u are working are giving u any form 16, or 16A like.

After giving my answer i can help u .


u can mail me at


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads