LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita (NIL)     27 October 2010

police harrassment to victims of abuse

Dear Sir, I would like to know regarding a particular case of a relative. The victim a girl, who faced abuse at the tender age of around 11 had her parents file the case. The accussed was not caught by the police. The police have come up after 20 years saying they have to answer the judge as to where the accussed is, and the girl should be sent to the police station for interrogation, as they believe it is a love affair and not an abuse. They have even forced the girls parents to write a letter stating that the case is withdrawn. In such a case, is there anything we can advice her parents and protect her and her family from the legal torture...............which is a sad picture of the legal system we have, Thank you, Anita


 2 Replies

aatma   27 October 2010

Other options:

Approach State Women Commission or National Commission for Women (NCW).  Indian government spends lot of money in every budget to these agencies to help and protect women.  Helping the woman victims like the one you mentioned is the main job of the NCW. 

You can file your complaint online to NCW: https://ncw.nic.in/

bhupender sharma (head)     27 October 2010

It would be better to pproach the Hon'ble High under Writ petition for Mandamus to seek the direcion in this respect. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register