Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Kumar   27 March 2023

Poa in relation to property redevelopment

Hello,

I reside in Karnataka with my 84 year old mother. My mother owns a flat in Mumbai, Maharashtra and lived most of her life in that flat before recently moving with me due to ill health. The Housing Society in which the flat is located will soon go for redevelopment.

My mother wishes to give me a power of attorney to handle all the redevelopment related legal work. My question is:

1) Since I am a resident of Karnataka and she is a resident of Maharashtra, can I have her sign a POA in Karnataka and use it in Maharashtra.

2) Since the POA is for redevelopment related legalities and not sale of the property, do I need to register the POA. Will mere notarization be sufficient?

3) Where should I purchase the stamp paper - in Karnataka or Maharashtra - and what should be its value?

All information is deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     27 March 2023

You can have POA registered anywhere either in Mumabi or kar, but it is better to get the POA registerd in Mumbai. 

Better to register .  The stamp paper of same sate where you register it.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     27 March 2023

Principal can execute power of attorney at the place where he resides permanently or temporarily or casually so it's your mother's choice where she feels comfotable to execute poa Mumbai or Karnataka also get registered such poa.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 March 2023

Yes.  At present, she is 84 years old and residing in Karnataka, the POA may be executed and registered in Karnataka and you go to Mumbai and get the POA validated by the District Registrar, Mumbai.

salmawisoky   20 April 2023

I liked the idea, it's expected that all this luxury will be from this beautiful game Candy Crush

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register