Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Durga (Employee)     13 June 2010

Please advice VERY URGENT

Dear Advisors,

1. I am working  outsourcing accounts, company registration, tax planning etc. Now I am planning to run as a firm since my office is in commerical area.
  2. Is there any particular clause or produre or restrictions to follow for registrating as company or properitor as X Associates, X Services, X Consultants, Pvt Ltd. And am an Undergraducate, can I register as tax consultant and add in websites,paper insertions, business cards or as Accountant.
  3. And more over as I said it is commerical area, Sometimes sales tax officers also have visit to shops for stock verification. Does the officers have rights to visit our office for any clarification on accounts or

Please advice me.

Learning

3 Replies

RS Dudani (Director)     13 June 2010

For using your name with suffix as Consultant/Associate, you need not make any registration, except if any required by the local laws of any particular area.  However, you can make registration under Section 17(1)(v) of Indian Registration Act, by making a simple declaration of the ownership of the Proprietorship concern.  This is, however, not compulsory.  However, if u wish to add Pvt Ltd as suffix, you need registration under Indian Companies Act.  For registrering as Tax Consultant/Accountant with either income tax department or with some other authority,  you need to have appropriate qualifications.  If you print your business cards, showing consultant in these areas, it may be open to any client, who is not satisfied with you to file a case of misrepresentation against you

Since you mention that you would be only running a consultancy, so there will be no Sale of Goods, therefore, no officer may find any stock of goods.  Therefore, they are not likely to visit.  However, for consultancies, you need to account for service tax and register under the relevant Service Tax Rules.

RS Dudani

Durga (Employee)     14 June 2010

Dear Dudani,

Thanks for your valuable advice.

Firstly, What is the qualifictaion required to be become a consultant and Accountant to register?

Secondly,However, if u wish to add Pvt Ltd as suffix, you need registration under Indian Companies Act.  For registrering as Tax Consultant/Accountant with either income tax department or with some other authority,  you need to have appropriate qualifications.  If you print your business cards, showing consultant in these areas, it may be open to any client, who is not satisfied with you to file a case of misrepresentation against you . Can you please let me know more info on this. If incase client suit a case, will this be crime under which section? And also please let me know different authorties to be registered  and proudures to be followed.

Please advice me.

Abhinav (Associate)     31 December 2010

Great concept. As a result of higher costs and fees of operating a business in Western countries, outsourcing firms in the East have become a new practical choice for both multinational clients and job-seekers alike.

Abhinav

https://www.sddglobal.com

High end legal outsourcing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register