Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrityunjay108 (service)     01 September 2014

Please advice - minimum 2 years experience in immediate lowe

Dear Respected Members & Experts,

I have great stress on my mind due to which I have decided to visit this forum and ask you'll a question that has serious bearings upon my employment and maybe many others like me. My question is as follows : "A Miniratna Public Sector Undertaking, Shipyard under the administrative control Ministry of Defence and having its factory unit at Kolkata has made an advertisement in June, 2014 as follows: -

Name of Post - Manager (HR)/E-3                 No. of Post:  01 (Un-reserved)

Maximum Age Limit - 42 Years

Qualifications:  MBA with specialization in HR or 

Graduate with PG Degree in Social 
Work / Welfare / Labour Welfare / 
Industrial Relations / Personnel 
Management or Graduate with PG 
Diploma in HR / IR / Social Work / 
Labour Welfare / Welfare discipline and 
must possess certificate issued by the 
State Govt. to work as Welfare Officer 
under West Bengal Factories (Welfare 

Post Qualification Experience
 8 years relevant experience including experience as a 
welfare officer in large industry out of which 2 years in 
immediate lower grade. 

Scale of Pay: 24900-3%-50500

I have already applied through ON-LINE application (as they provided in their application website) and taken a print out of my submitted on-line application. However my query is on my profile.My profile is as follows:

1) Age is meeting criteria of advertisement: 36 Years
2) Category is meeting criteria of advertisement : I am General (Un-reserved)
3) My Experience is as follows: I have total 
    a) RKFL - HR Executive 0.4 years (Pvt.) with monthly pay of Rs.7000
    b) BPL - HR Exec. 1 year   (Pvt.) with monthly pay of Rs.8000
    b) SJVNL - HR Exec./E-0    1.3 years (PSU)  in IDA scale of Rs.16400 - 3% - 40500
    c) ONGC - HR Exec./E-1     2.5 years (PSU)  in IDA scale of Rs.24900 - 3% - 50500
    d) GRSE - AM (HR)/E-1       3 years (PSU) in IDA scale of Rs.16400 - 3% - 40500
    e) IREL - Sr. Officer (HR)/E-2      0.7 years (PSU) in IDA scale of Rs.20600 - 3% - 45000
                   TOTAL EXP -         8.9 Years

Now my question is - For the post they have advertised the Basic Scale is Rs.24,900-3%-50,500. They have asked for - please mark my exact words as I quote - "8 years relevant experience including experience as welfare officer in large industry out of which 2 years in immediate lower grade".

I have total 8.9 years experience which meets their advertised requirement and I have been in the same scale to the post advertised i.e. Rs.24900-3%-50500 for 2 or more years also (in ONGC I was in this scale for 2.5 years). Hence, am I eligible to be called for interview??

PLease give your well informed suggestions, information on my query. I need help on this matter. Hence, PSU persons, Government servants, and Lawyers may kindly respond to my query with well informed answers, suggestions. Will be ever thankful.
With Regards,
Abhishek

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 September 2014

Out of 8.9Y you have spent in Industry you should have worked at grade/position lower than post Advertised i.e Manager........................e.g. Asst. Manager/Dy. Manager.

You may ask the prospective employer what is the lower grade and KRA's  for such grade and relate it with experience and clarify in interview.

Mrityunjay108 (service)     02 September 2014

Mr.Kumar Doab,

Thanks a lot for your view. I appreciate your judgement. The actual thing is I can get it clarified in the interview only when called for it. My question is, will I get a call for the interview? Do I fulfil the criteria to be called for the interview??

Regards,

Abhishek

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 September 2014

The employment application might be having Colum’s and Sub-Colum’s to describe the fitness to requirements/eligibility criteria……………………….and you must have filled up accordingly. Usually there is a space to describe if required.

It is felt that AM (is Astt. Manager) and Sr. officer is deputy to full Manager.

The line of hierarchy is usually described properly in each establishment…………………..thus the table showing it in  your previous existing employment and prospective employment should be available with you.

If you have filled up the employment application form and it shows that you are eligible then should get interview call.

Why don’t you consult HR personnel of prospective employer and check with them!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register