LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ami (Dy.Inspector of Schools)     16 November 2010


Hi all ,Can PIL may be filed in High court for the following issue:
Out of 48 Higher sec.Schools 26 schools do not have Principals and out of 73 High schools 21 schools donot have Headmasters GrI and 40 Headmasters GrII who all have to supervise the Scolastic activities especially the coaching the students for SSLC and +2Public Exams.Teachers' associations on selfish attitude cross swords with one another and file a case ,get a stay for promotion,press the Govt for amendment of RRs ect since 2004!!!.Pleade to respond with any judgement on similar request,please.-AMI


 4 Replies

JT Rajasuriya, Chennai (Advocate 98410 53790)     16 November 2010

The schools numbered appear to belong to a particular locality. PIL can be filed if there is a real case where the standard of education has been lowered considerably owing to this situation.

ami (Dy.Inspector of Schools)     16 November 2010

Dear Suriaji out of 48 posts ,73 posts spread in 4 regions not even a single post is filled up in 2 regions  and in other 2 regions 70%posts are vacant.Om one side the students are suffering without a proper supervising authority and the teachers after having had served 30 to 35 years go home on retirement without promotion,even the FIRST PROMOTION. MAY I REQUEST YOU TO THROW MORE LIGHT ON THE ISSUE,please. Thank you.-AMI

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     25 December 2010


            The matter appears to involve a public interest as there is a possibility for the standard of education getting affected . yOU CAN FILE A PIL

1 Like

DISHA D. SHAH (lawyer)     21 August 2011

I read some judgements of high court and supreme court , I come to know that always in pil cases high court is negetive and dismiss pil with cost but at same time rates of supreme court to be negetive is low both have same powers for any decision for pil but supreme uses their power in positive way than highcourt

so i should prefer go to supreme for pil not high court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register