LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lajpat rai thakral (GOVT JOB)     19 May 2013

Payment of stamp duty on documents power of attorney

My son and daughter in law are USA resident. They have given me a power of attorney on the prescribed proforma received from the builder. The power of attorney is signed and attested by notary in USA and also attested by indian embassy in USA. Unde the indian stamp act stamp duty of documents executed abroad is to be paid within three months from the date such documents are brought in India. My question is to know the procedure of paying such stamp duty in New Delhi as power of attorney only for the purpose of taking possession from a builder is to be given that to close relative I.e. father and father in law.

if my friends know exact office address in New Delhi, exact designation of the officer I.e. collector of stamps under indian stamp act in New Delhi may please inform. Whether the job can be got done within a day or it will take time as some of my friends on this group will be from n Delhi and they must have got done such jobs done on behalf of their customers or for themselves. Pl guide 

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 May 2013

. GPA can be registered only alongwith agreement to sale except in case of blood relation. Duty equivalent to registration of sale deed needs to be paid in case of GPA other than blood relations.
GPA between blood relations can be registered with stamp duty of Rs.50/- and registration fee of Rs.1100/-
Two witnesses alongwith identification documents need to be present during presentation of documents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register