LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B RAMESH   28 June 2017

Partition of undivided hindu familiy

as per the Govt records 2.5 acres (ancestral) in my name, 1.5 acres (purchased by my father) in my brother name and 3.5 acres (ancestral) in my father name. we divided our property and written on stamp paper of Rs 20/-. in 2014 as per the agreement I got 3 acres and my brother got 4.5 acres and my father did not get anything. and all other movable assets are with my brother. iam serving govt employee., iam not satisfied with the above agreement. 1.can I cancel above agreement (my father and brother accepting above agreement). 2. if I approach court, how much share I will get. 3. my brother is enjoying entire property iam not getting any income as share from property. 4. if my brother purchase any other asset, can I get as share from it.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2017

Your father is alive.

How and by which valid/registered deed the ancestral land is in your name!

Apparently you have not been enjoying as per verbal/oral/unregistered partition/family settlement, whatever it is.

The owner of self acquired/earned movable/immovable assets can be disposed by the owner in his/her life time in anyone’s favor.

If you can, renegotiate and register the family settlement.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 June 2017

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing any document.

This may cost some FEE  but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

The local counsel may not even chareg any FEE for opinion to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register